Wednesday, February 1, 2023

Solid As Steele by Susan Sleeman

 


Mackenzie Steele is on vacation. Out in the middle of nowhere she enjoys her time alone and time to regroup. Her vacation is interrupted by a man showing up on her porch. He looks like he has been beat up and he can't remember who he is or why he is there. The name Owen sounds familiar to him so that is what she starts calling him. As they investigate who he could be Mackenzie doesn't know whether he is a criminal or not but she is determined to help him find out what has happened.

Just as I think that author Susan Sleeman can't get any better she proves me wrong! I loved Solid As Steele! I enjoyed the characters as well. I thought this installment of the Steele Guardians series was a bit different than the others in that it didn't mostly take place with the other Steele family members. A good chunk of the story took place away from home base. Mackenzie and Owen make a good couple and I liked the way their relationship developed. I also enjoyed that once they did join the family they embraced Owen. Those scenes had me laughing because the Steele family is anything but subtle when it comes to their family's significant others! I totally loved Solid As Steele and can't wait for the next book in the series.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments will appear after approval.