Friday, December 7, 2018

Aire by Lena Goldfinch



As a Principessa of Isalla, Annalisia is expected to marry a man of her grandmother's choosing and one of noble birth. Unfortunately Annalisia has no interest in the man that has been chosen for her. Granted it would be a great alliance for their country, but Annalisia can't imagine sharing her life or her secret with this man.

Yes, Annalisia has a secret. An ancient gift that nobody has seen in centuries. When Annalisia's handmaiden, Mira, is mistakenly kidpnapped in Anna's place she is determined to help find her. Jovanni, Mira's brother, is also searching for Mira. Anna and Jovanni join forces to try and find Annalisia and another girl that has been kidnapped. Jovanni is not afraid of Annalisia's gift/secret for he carries a secret of his own. As the two pursue danger and intrigue they become closer, but their affection can never go any farther than friendship. Jovanni is not of nobility and it would never do for a Principessa to marry a commoner.

I truly enjoyed AIRE! I loved the mythical aspect of it, I loved the setting and I loved the storytelling of the author. The characters were also endearing. I loved that both Annalisia and Jovanni knew they must honor custom over their hearts yet their love was so tender and sweet for each other. I also loved Ilan, Annalisia's friend and protector from childhood. The villain(s) were sufficiently evil without dipping too far into their depravity. I found the intrigue surrounding the castle to be exciting and I definitely loved both Annlisia and Jovanni's gifts. A sweet read and one that I would definitely recommend!

**I received a copy of the book as a gift from the author, I was not expected to review this book. All opinions are my own**

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments will appear after approval.