Sunday, July 16, 2017

Pony Express Mail-Order Bride by Rhonda Gibson


When Pony Express rider Philip Young arrives at his home relay station his brother greets him with a surprise. Bella Wilson and her two young nephews have answered a mail-order bride ad that Philip never placed! Bella sees no other way to care for her young nephews. Bella and Philip agree to a marriage of convenience. Neither one are looking for love since their pasts have proven that love cannot be trusted. Slowly but surely Philip and Bella begin to care for each other, but what happens when Bella's former fiance' arrives and threatens Philip and Bella's newfound happiness?

I enjoyed Philip and Bella's story. I did get frustrated with Philip's reasons for not wanting to fall in love with Bella, but everything worked out in the end, so that made me happy! I also enjoyed several other characters in the book. Hazel, the neighbor that gave Philip and Bella her home to live in, was quite a character. I loved her outspokenness. Philip's brother Thomas and his wife were a big help to Philip and Bella with the boys. If you enjoy historical romances then I definitely recommend this book for you to read. If you like Pony Express stories then you will enjoy it even more!

*I won this book in a contest and was not required to write a review. All opinions are my own*


No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments will appear after approval.