Monday, January 2, 2017

The Chemist by Stephenie Meyer



Alex is on the run from her former employer. Alex has perfected the art of interrogation and now someone wants her dead. Faced with the chance to gain her life back, Alex agrees to meet with her former employer to see what it will take. Alex's next and hopefully last job will be to get information out of Daniel that will save millions of people. Unfortunately Alex and Daniel are both pawns in an even bigger game!

I really liked The Chemist. I loved Alex's character and the way she used all of her chemicals to keep herself alive. I loved that she was able to protect herself from those that wanted her dead. I didn't particularly care for her job in interrogation. I wasn't a fan of how her and Daniel got together, I found it a bit unrealistic, but I was able to overlook it and enjoy the relationship that they eventually had. There was a lot of action that reminded me of a spy/thriller movie with a strong female lead. I've read reviews that compared the book to Bourne, I guess that it could be with the government ties that The Chemist has, but I'm thinking more along the lines of Long Kiss Goodnight! I really liked that this was a totally different book than any of this author's Twilight series or her other stand alone book The Host.

**Content warning: This book contains sexual situations(not graphic), language, and some scenes of violence that may offend some readers**


No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments will appear after approval.