Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Shiver by Maggie Stiefvater



As a child Grace was dragged into the woods by a pack of wild wolves. Miraculously she was saved. From the experience she remembers a set of eyes. One of the wolves. Through the years she sees her wolf in the woods. Always watching her and she always watching him.

One day she goes into a bookstore and sees those same pair of eyes in a boy who works there. When she finds that her wolf and the boy are one and the same it does not surprise her.

Sam has been a wolf for many years. The change has always been a curse to him. It is especially a curse once he falls in love with Grace and she with him. Is there a way that Sam and Grace can be together forever?

Everyone kept telling me to read this book. I put it off for as long as I could! Once I picked it up I truly did not want to put it down. I fell in love with the characters. I laughed and I cried! With little to no language this would almost be a great book for me to recommend. Unfortunately the author put in a mild sex scene. While it is not graphic by any means we still know that the characters consumated their relationship. It is disappointing because it really is a good book. Because of that I would have to recommend it for a more mature audience.

1 comment:

Comments will appear after approval.