Monday, February 1, 2010

Deliver Us From Evil by Robin Caroll

U.S. Marshal Roark Holland has recently come back to work after losing a family in the Witness Protection Program. The death of the young child haunts him.

Brannon Callahan is a Search-And-Rescue helicopter pilot who has heart-ache of her own.

While on a mission to deliver a heart to a hospital for a witness in a child-trafficking ring the helicopter that Roark is in crashes. Brannon is the pilot that goes out in the storm to bring he and the survivors to safety. When events happen to cause her own helicopter to be non-0perational they have to hike out of the Smoky Mountains to get the heart to the hospital in time to save the witness.

Woven between Roark and Brannon's story and the story of young girls being sold into prostitution, Robin Caroll weaves an exciting, heart-breaking tale that places the reader at the edge of their seat until the very end.

From the Prologue straight through to the Epilogue this story had me! The story had me feeling all kinds of emotions. I was biting my nails in the action scenes. Angry and sickened by the child trafficking. And elated that justice prevailed. I would recommend this book to a more mature audience.

1 comment:

  1. I'm so glad you liked it! I know it wasn't a pick me up though. It has a great cover too!

    ReplyDelete

Comments will appear after approval.