Tuesday, June 27, 2017

The Separatists by Lis Wiehl with Sebastian Stuart



Erica Sparks is becoming more and more popular in the journalism world. With that fame brings more insecurities to her. She and Greg are now married, but Greg is without a job, and let's face it, he was unfaithful once before will he remain faithful now? Erica's latest news drama is a group of people in North Dakota starting a movement to secede from the United States. When people start dying Erica becomes suspicious and starts investigating. What do the secessionists who claim to be non-violent have to hide?

While I liked the news story I did find myself getting frustrated with Erica's insecurities and paranoia and ego. I found her to be bit whiney and too self-involved. Her relationship with her husband and daughter suffers throughout the whole story. Her drive to find the truth goes above and beyond the call of duty and places her in danger constantly. She gets the job done for sure and is cutting edge in news, but the toll it takes on her family doesn't seem worth it to me. As we are left with a big "uh oh" at the end of this book I would say there will be another Erica Sparks book coming out. Despite all of the things that irritate me about her I do look forward to the next book.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments will appear after approval.