Wednesday, September 23, 2015

Murder, Plain and Simple by Isabella Alan(Amanda Flower)

This is the first book in the Amish Quilt Shop Mystery series. Since I read the 4th one first I decided to go back and see how it all started. I really enjoyed it!

Angie has just inherited her aunt's quilt shop in Rolling Brook, Ohio. A small Amish town. Angie and her fiance Ryan have just broken off their wedding and Angie is in need of something to distract her wounded heart. Having visited Rolling Brook as a child Angie is ready to take up residence there and become a part of the community. Some of the Amish people are not happy about Angie taking over her aunt's shop though. Particularly her business neighbor Joseph Walker. When Joseph Walker claims to own the property that Running Stitch is a part of but no deed can be found, Angie is determined to find the deed and prove to the crusty Amish man that she has every right to run her aunt's business. Unfortunately Joseph Walker turns up murdered inside her shop. With the deed still missing and all the evidence pointing to Angie as the murderer, she sets out to clear her name. Suspects seem to be coming out of the woodwork, particularly Joseph Walker's brother-in-law Elijah Knepp. Fresh out of prison Elijah seems to be the obvious answer to who killed Joseph, but there are other suspects that had motive as well so Angie goes about town poking around and asking questions that eventually put her and her dog Ollie in danger.

Like I said, I enjoyed going back and finding out how Angie came to be in Holmes County and how she met Sheriff Mitchell. I have to admit I did suspect the person that turned out to be the murderer before the actual reveal. I just couldn't figure out exactly what that person's motive was! I enjoyed the humor in the story as well as the mystery and am looking forward to reading the other two books in the series that I missed before reading book 4! If you like cozy mysteries, series and humor then I think you will enjoy giving this series a try.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments will appear after approval.