Tuesday, August 26, 2014

Fire & Ash by Jonathan Maberry

I loved every bit of this book! An excellent end to the Rot & Ruin series. Just when it seems that the world is going to end, up rises Benny Imura and his friends to save the day. In 537 pages there are so many ups and downs and sideways that happen to Benny and his friends that I found my emotions roller coastering all over the place as well.

Not only are Benny and company fighting the zombies to stay alive, but they now have a new enemy in The Reapers. Determined to send humankind and zombies alike into the darkness Saint John and his crew are wreaking havoc on anyone that gets in their way. When Benny finds coordinates to where Dr. McReady and a possible cure could be, hope springs new for their friend Chong who is slowly deteriorating with the zombie disease. But will The Reapers get to Chong and send him into the darkness before Benny can get back with the cure?

I love the bravery and heroics of Benny, Nix, Lilah, and Riot. And I can't forget Captain Ledger and his dog Grimm, an excellent duo that help Benny and friends. I really liked how much Benny has matured into his own person in this last book. He quits trying to be just like his brother Tom and becomes a hero/legend in his own right. I found myself forgetting though that Benny is still a young person. He is only 15 years old and having to deal with so many decisions and emotions that would crush even an adult. He has matured way beyond his years which is understandable in this new world that has come about because of the zombie disease.

If you are a fan of zombie stories, if you enjoy YA and teen hero's then I definitely recommend this series for you. Fast-paced and full of adventure and calamity, I'm definitely a fan!

My Reviews of the Rot & Ruin Series:

Rot & Ruin
Dust & Decay
Flesh & Bone


No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments will appear after approval.