Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Spring Break Reading Challenge Activity #5

Spring Break Reading Challenge

There are many things that prevent us from doing some of the things we want to.  For instance, I really want to read this week, but we recently purchased a new Chihuahua puppy so a lot of my time is going to be focused on watching her to make sure she doesn't have "accidents" on the carpet.  I've never crate trained or house trained a puppy before so I'm really nervous about it.  I feel like I'm going to have to watch her like a hawk so I she doesn't "go" on the carpet.  

For today's Activity, 1) create a blog post talking about the things that prevent you from getting things done.  It could be reading, updating your blog, or anything else you try to do and 2) can you come up with a plan to get past your obstacle?


My answers:

There are so many things that I want to get done over spring break. But I am feeling overwhelmed so therefore I don't even start a project.

For instance: I wanted to clean out a spare room. I opened the door, moved a few things around and realized that there is a lot of work to be done and nowhere else to put stuff so I turned out the light and walked out of the room!

I would love to read. I set a goal of 6 books over the break. That is so not going to happen! And as much as I love reading and I love feeling the accomplishment of a goal met I think I might have to let this one go.

I need to dust...about halfway through that project right now, but I got to the computer desk and darn, the computer called to me so here I sit!

I wanted to clean out a craft closet also but doesn't look like that is going to happen.

My absolute must is to get busy and clean the "visible" parts of the house so that company can come over for my daughters 18th birthday. WHICH I still have to finish planning and shopping for.

Plan to get things done? One bite at a time and maybe expect some things to not get done and realize that that is okay too.

Off to finish dusting!

1 comment:

  1. Well, I have to finish cleaning the visible parts of my house so you can come over Saturday. All I've done today is play with the puppy and sit with it in my lap.

    ReplyDelete

Comments will appear after approval.