Monday, October 2, 2023

Shadow of Night by Susan Sleeman

 


Officer Sydney Tucker is witness to a murder...sort of. She heard it happen and now the killer is after her. He knows who she is, but she has no clue who he is. When Sydney is framed for the murder Sheriff Russ Maddox is there to help her clear her name. 

I have to admit that in the first Shadow Lake Survival book I did not like Russ. He was harsh and rigid. But after reading Shadow of Night I see why he was that way and he really endeared himself to me. I really like his character now! He treated Sydney with respect as a fellow law officer. He has his demons from the past which of course he deals with throughout the story. I love how the author helps each of her characters overcome some deep trauma through faith that brings them closer to God and closer to each other. The suspense is perfect and keeps the reader guessing as to who the killer is and what his motivation is. I'm loving the Maddox brothers and this series so far. If you've never read any of author Susan Sleeman's books I suggest you remedy that! Perfectly strong characters, delicious romance and dangerous suspense. What more could you ask for? 




No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments will appear after approval.