Wednesday, June 5, 2019

Maid Of Murder by Amanda Flower



India Hayes dreads her stint as a bridesmaid in an old friends wedding, especially after she sees the dress she has to wear. But when Olivia, the bride-to-be, is found dead in the college fountain and India's brother is accused of the murder, India has no choice but to find out who killed her.

This is author Amanda Flower's first novel she published. I enjoyed it very much. Not my favorite of her novels, but I still enjoyed it. I thought the mystery was pretty solid even though I figured out who the murderer was way before the book ended. I plan to eventually read the second book in the series MURDER IN A BASKET to find out what India's next adventure is. I also am thinking she may eventually hook up with her sisters ex boyfriend! I wasn't happy with India's parents. Her mom is a minister and they are both activists. I thought for a minister her mom was a bit over the top in her activism and also a bit hysterical and mean to India. Amanda Flower's sense of humor that carries through all of her writing was present and had me chuckling throughout. A nice cozy mystery!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments will appear after approval.