Friday, June 29, 2018

More Than Meets The Eye by Karen Witemeyer


Evangeline knows her share of heartache. Orphaned as a child she has been raised by her two "brothers." Zach and Seth are very protective of Evangeline. Outsiders have never understood her unusual eyes. One brown and one blue. Evangeline usually tries to hide her eyes from people so she doesn't scare them and they won't have a reason to torment her.

Logan is a man bent on "justice" and will stop at nothing to make things right for his mother. Logan knows that Zach cheated Logan's father out of his farm and Logan is determined to use any means possible to get it back, including befriending Evangeline in order to find out Zach's weaknesses. What Logan doesn't bargain for is his attraction to Evangeline, but he can't let that stop him from his purpose.

I thoroughly enjoyed this story! I loved Evangeline's character. She was honest, she was pure, she was happy and she was carefree. Even after all that life had thrown at her and her brothers. People were cruel to her and yet she still found a way to forgive them and be a happy person. I love the life that her brothers had made for themselves in order to protect Evangeline. Zach was a crusty, cantankerous soul, but he softened whenever Evangeline was around. Seth was just as protective even though his health was limiting. I love how the whole family and Logan stepped in to help another person in need too! And Logan! Oh man! I loved his character! I love the fact that he wasn't startled by the unusualness of Evangeline's eyes. He definitely had a skewed idea of justice, but it all worked out in the end. Karen Witemeyer is always a must read for me, but out of all of her books this one reminded me a bit of author Lori Wick. I loved the innocence of Evangeline and the chivalry of the boys wanting to protect her from the world. I love stories like that and I'm so glad that they are still being written! And since I am a suspense/romance fan I love how Karen Witemeyer adds a bit of suspense to her stories to spice things up. I love old-timey/prairie romances and this one fit the bill perfectly!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments will appear after approval.