Friday, September 4, 2015

Murder, Plainly Read by Isabella Alan(Amanda Flower)

I found this 4th book in the Amish Quilt Shop Mystery series to be very exciting! This is the first book that I have read in the series. I didn't have any problems keeping up with the characters or the storyline.

Apparently Angie has a penchant for getting caught up in murder investigations. This doesn't please her Sheriff boyfriend Mitchell.

When Angie and her friend Rachel come upon Austina, who runs the local bookmobile, and  Bartholomew Beiler, a Bishop for one of the stricter Amish communities, in a heated discussion, Angie's curiosity about the disagreement is piqued. Later when the Bishop ends up dead in Austina's bookmobile everyone assumes that Austina killed him for trying to keep her from giving books to the young girls in Bartholomew's district.

Angie promises Austina that she will look into the murder and find out who killed the Bishop. Angie gets in trouble with Mitchell for putting herself in danger and not allowing the police to do their job.

Suspects seem to be coming out of the woodwork when Angie starts poking her nose into things that the Amish families think are none of her business. Many people didn't like the Bishop, but who had the most motive to kill him?

One of my favorite characters in the book is Angie's dog Ollie. He cracks me up. Or I should say, the two of them together make me laugh. Angie treats Ollie as if he were human, and Ollie does seem to have a way of making you think he really knows what is going on. I really like the main character Angie and her animal friends Oliver and Dodger. And of course I can't forget the goat that keeps knocking Angie on her backside! Angie's parents are quite the characters as well. I think her mother exasperated me about as much as she did Angie! I definitely have some catching up to do in the series, but I think it will be worth it to get to know these quirky characters better. If you like a good mystery along with some light-hearted humor thrown in be sure to check out this series.

**Thanks to the publisher through NetGalley for my copy for review. All opinions are my own**




No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments will appear after approval.