Monday, April 8, 2024

Shadow of Hope by Susan Sleeman

 



Ava is being framed for a murder she didn't commit. Now she is being stalked and her life threatened. Now on the run Ava has signed up to take Shadow Lake Survival's deep immersion course to learn skills to survive off grid. But the person stalking her has caught up with her there so now she must reveal her secret. Can she trust Micha  and the team to help her and not turn her in? 

The Shadow Lake team have quickly endeared themselves to me! I've enjoyed each of their stories and have looked forward to each one. Micha is a former Marine so that kind of endeared him to me to begin with as my husband is a former Marine. They are a special breed and I have a big soft spot for them! Micha and Ava make a great couple and I love how fast they grow in their affection for each other. Of course neither one of them want that, but sometimes God has better plans for us! I love how fast-paced the author keeps the story moving. There is no lagging and no getting bored or settled. The spiritual lessons are always a part of the story, but not preachy. They always deal with real insecurities, real hurts, real disappointments, and always always the characters find they can turn to the Creator God who cares more than anyone else and trust Him to bring about the best possible outcome to their situation. I highly recommend the Shadow Lake Survival series and know that you will like the other books in the separate series that brings other characters into the fold. 




No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments will appear after approval.