Monday, March 25, 2024

The Curious Case of the Templeton-Swifts by Benedict Brown

 


This is book 6 in the series but they seem to not have to be read in order as each story can stand alone. I didn't feel like I was coming into the middle or anything and a small background was given so I didn't feel like I had missed anything in the character development of Christopher and his famous grandfather Lord Edgington. 

Lord Edgington kidnaps his grandson from his school and they are off to solve another mystery. Lord Edgington has received a plea to come help an elderly man who thinks someone in his family is trying to kill him. Could it be his new much younger wife? Or could it be his staff? Or could it be one of his 3 children? Unfortunately neither Christopher nor his grandfather are able to prevent the dastardly deed from happening, so now they truly do have a murder to solve!

I enjoyed the book and I will eventually go back and start at the beginning to see where it all started. Again, I didn't feel like I missed anything, but normally I like to start at the beginning of a series. I liked the humor that was dispersed throughout the story and I enjoyed the characters. The mystery kept me guessing for awhile and that was fun. A quick read that keeps the reader involved and entertained. 




No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments will appear after approval.