Tuesday, September 29, 2020

A Christmas Carol Murder by Heather Redmond


When Charles Dickens, his fiance' and a few friends are out Christmas caroling a person falls to their death out of Mr. Screws's window right in front of them. Charles is not inclined to help Mr. Screws find out who may have killed his business partner Jacob Harley, but his fiance' thinks that he should. So Charles once again helps to solve a murder.

A CHRISTMAS CAROL MURDER started out fairly slow and I have to say I almost gave up on it. But I plodded on and it got more interesting for me and even entertaining! It was fun to match all of the names with the original book A CHRISTMAS CAROL. I loved the crime-solving aspect of the story. The mystery was interesting as was the investigation. The characters as well were interesting. I liked Mr. Screws even though he was a crusty, cranky sort of person! The Charles Dickens character was interesting and I felt bad for him when it seemed that things were not going to go his way with his fiance'. This is the 3rd book in the A DICKENS OF A CRIME series, I haven't read the first two books, but that wasn't needed to read this one.

**Thanks to Netgalley and the publisher for my copy of the book for review. All opinions are my own**










No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments will appear after approval.