Thursday, March 5, 2020

Dead Heat by Susan Sleeman



FBI Agent Piper Nash is just about ready to take down a notorious hacker known as Jinx. But right before her eyes a man comes on the scene and starts flirting with Jinx. The only thing that Piper can think to do is interrupt his flirting and get the man interested in her. To do that Piper gets him in a lip-lock that totally rocks her world. Nick Thorn works for the Veritas Center and has also tracked down Jinx. When Piper gets him in a lip-lock he is totally surprised. What is even more surprising is how much he enjoys their kiss. Less enjoyable is when Piper cuffs him and takes off after Jinx! Now the two join forces in order to track down a murderer and a hacker. Both Nick and Piper have no interest in starting a relationship, but an irresistible attraction exists between them that they seem unable to ignore.

DEAD HEAT is the 4th book in the Truth Seekers series. I absolutely loved it. It was fast-paced and kept me on the edge of my seat! I love all of the FBI information that is peppered throughout the story along with all of the technical stuff that the Veritas Center does. It gives the story authenticity and is well researched and written. I love that Nick hasn't been a "ladies man" and hasn't dated a lot. I also love the fact that he's not your typical computer geek. He's well-built and good looking! I love that Piper is a strong female that is confident in her job and in who she is as an agent. They complemented each other well and I loved how Nick was able to get under Piper's more serious demeanor and make her smile. The dangerous/suspenseful parts had me wanting to skip ahead to make sure everything turned out alright, but I refrained from doing that and it made my heart pound in anticipation to see what happened. A great addition to the series and I can't wait for the next book!

Check out my reviews of the other books in the series:

Dead Ringer
Dead Silence
Dead End


No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments will appear after approval.