Monday, July 1, 2019

Killer Cupcakes by Leighann Dobbs



Lexy Baker owns a bakery, she lives in her Grandmother's house, and she loves to wear stiletto heals. Her bakery is is known for it's cupcake toppers. When those toppers are used to poison Lexy's ex-boyfriend she knows that she must find the real killer in order to be able to open her business once more.

I enjoy a good cozy mystery. KILLER CUPCAKES was okay for me. Not my most favorite book, but also not the worst book I've ever read. It was just "okay". When Lexy met her hunky neighbor she had no idea that he would soon be investigating her for murder. I couldn't figure out how one minute she didn't like him and then the next minute she could be kissing him. Granted he was hunky and good looking, but does that mean a girl needs to swoon into his arms? That whole relationship seemed to be on the fast tract...but then the book was finished! Ah, now I get it, it was a novella! Or at least a novella in my opinion. The romance was quick, the murder was solved quickly with no twists or turns and hardly any build up to the grand finish. Soooo, if you like a quick romance, a quick mystery solved then try this beginning to the series. I'm reading the second book, DYING FOR DANISH, just to see if it moves as quickly and to see if this series will grow on me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments will appear after approval.