Wednesday, November 7, 2018

A Dream Fulfilled by Julie Lessman



Ohhhhh Katie and Luke *sigh.* I just love them! Katie is so feisty. Even after a few years of marriage she still manages to give Luke fits! In A DREAM FULFILLED Katie finds a new friend. Marlene seems to be Katie's other half, or even her twin. They seem perfectly suited to each other. Having craved a friendship like this for years Katie is amazed at how close they become and how quickly their friendship develops. In the meantime Luke is working long hours and begins to feel a bit neglected at home. But he doesn't begrudge Katie her friendship with Marlene, after all, Marlene has helped Katie grow spiritually like Luke has never seen in the past.

 Luke has developed relationships with the street urchins near where he works. When he sees one particular small kid being picked on by bullies Luke steps in to help. When he asks the kid his name he is soundly told, "Just Will" and that is all of the information he can get. As he slowly develops a relationship with Will he becomes more and more aware of how much Will reminds him of his younger self. Scrappy and full of attitude Will finds a place in Luke's heart that will not be shaken.

I loved this story. I love the friendship between Katie and Marlene. Have you ever had a connection with someone like that? I have to say that I haven't. So I could totally understand Katie's excitement in finding Marlene. I also love how mature Katie has become. She didn't seem combative like she was in A HOPE UNDAUNTED. She has settled down and grown spiritually. That doesn't mean that the spark has gone out of her, not by any means. She still gives Luke fits! The passion is still very much present between Luke and Katie. After all, it wouldn't be a Julie Lessman novel without that passion. Personally I love it! And talk about a plot twist! Whew! Hang on to your seats, because there's a big one, and it rocks Katie and Luke's world! I love how the author always has spiritual lessons in her novels, her characters experience real life feelings and emotions and real life meetings with the God of the universe.

Author Julie Lessman doesn't just have physical passion in her novels, but she also has romance. An example is this quote that I absolutely love:

"I'm happy that you give time to a friend who obviously needs it, truly I am. But when I walk through that door, I want to be your best friend, Katie, not anybody else. I want to be the one you light up for unlike any other, because that's who you are to me." --Luke

I just melted when I read that! I loved how vulnerable Luke was, and I love how he shared his need with Katie and I loved how she responded...which you'll have to read for yourself by getting the book!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments will appear after approval.