Monday, April 2, 2018

Tangles by Holly Schindler


Poetry, I pretty much run the opposite direction when I see a book of poetry. Frankly I just don't "get" it, so I usually lack an appreciation for it. But since I have pretty much loved everything that author Holly Schindler has written I sucked it up and gave TANGLES a try. I was not disappointed! I enjoyed it very much. I felt like the author was bearing her soul in some of the poems. I actually "got" what she was trying to convey in the poems. Several favorites were:

Tenderness Mining
The Idea Of You
Things We Do For Luck
Approaching Autumn
Fast As I Can Fall

Each poem made sense to me, each one held something in it that I could either relate to or that I could feel for someone else. Holly Schindler has a way of drawing the reader in even if it is a genre that they usually run away from! If you enjoy poetry, or even if you are like me, a reluctant poetry reader, give TANGLES a try, I don't think you will be disappointed. In fact, I think you will be pleasantly surprised!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments will appear after approval.