Tuesday, December 26, 2017

Top 10 Books of 2017

Usually I do a Top Whatever Year it is. But this year I haven't read much so I am going to stick with the Top 10 and call it good. I actually loved all of the books I read this year. Since I have cut way back on my reading I have found I am much more prone to read books that I will enjoy rather than reading those that I know are not going to be a favorite. I read 62 books, so once again failed to reach my Goodreads reading goal of 75 books. I'm hoping to add a few more books to this year's total, but as busy as we have been I don't know if I will.  So here it is, my Top 10 picks for 2017:

10.
I have actually enjoyed all of the books in the Chesapeake Valor series and read 2 in 2017. Love Dani Pettrey's books and am looking forward to reading more from her and more in this series!



9.
Such a good book! So many twists and turns! I loved it and can't wait for the next book in this series. Irene Hannon definitely knows how to keep a reader enthralled with the story.


8.


Karen Witemeyer writes such lovely historical romances and then she adds a bit of excitement/suspense that gets the heart going pitter pat! Love her books!


7.

I read a couple of books by Keli Gwyn this year. This one was my favorite. Keli has retired from writing this year. I have loved every one of her books!


6. 


I actually gorged on the whole series this year and loved all of them, but this was my favorite! Lynette Eason is another favorite that I will always snag her books when they become available. In fact the first one in her new series is on Netgalley and currently waiting for me on my Kindle! 


5. 


I can count on Susan Sleeman to keep me awake at night reading her books! They are wonderful suspense-filled reads!


4. 


This is a prequel novella in a new series by Julie Lessman and I loved it! The dialogue had me snort-laughing throughout and the kisses of course can curl your toes Julie Lessman style! 


3. 


This was a compilation from many different authors and followed the lives of 7 brothers. I loved all of the stories and the unique way each author portrayed their brother. I had my favorites, but I truly enjoyed each one.


2. 



There is something about Ginny Yttrup's writing that always manages to touch my heart. I absolutely LOVED Home because it did just that, touched my heart. 


1. 



Once again a Julie Lessman book has made my number one spot! I loved this Isle of Hope series, but especially this one. Julie Lessman knows how to write the perfect Prodigal story! I love how she shows that God continues to call us back to Him even when we think we are unlovable or unredeemable. She had me crying and laughing in this one!


So there you have them! Once again, I loved all of the books I read this year and still have a few more that I hope to squeeze in before the year ends, but these were the stand-outs. I hope that you too had a wonderful year of reading and that 2018 will bring you many more wondrous reads and favorite authors! 

As Tiny Tim says, "God Bless us, every one!"









3 comments:

  1. Oh, Jules, talk about crying, girlfriend -- you brought tears to my eyes with HSL making your #1 spot, my friend -- I am SO touched (my heart this time, not my head) and cannot thank you enough. ESPECIALLY when I know how much you love the suspense genre and this isn't suspense, so GOD BLESS YOU!!

    I am so grateful our paths have crossed and that angst and drama did not stand in the way of a truly wonderful friendship!

    Love you and HAPPY NEW YEAR!!
    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, Julie! I'm so honored to have two of my stories included in your list. You started my year off with a great big smile.

    I so appreciate you and all the support you've shown me during my writing career. You make a mighty fine cheerleader!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great list, Julie! Heart on the Line was really good; love the way you describe Karen's writing style. :) That's awesome that two Julie Lessman books made your list! I need to catch up on some of her stories. :)

    ~Amber

    ReplyDelete

Comments will appear after approval.