Sunday, December 11, 2016

Intermission by Serena Chase


Madeleine Faith (Faith to her family) wants to become a Broadway actress. Being a part of a family that looks down on the "artsy" is making it rather difficult for her to achieve that dream. When she meets Noah Spencer there is an instant connection between the two. Noah is 3 years older than her and set to go to London to study at The London Academy of Musical Theatre. That is, IF he gets accepted.

Faith's parents have never accepted the fact that Faith desires to study music. Faith feels that she can do no right in their eyes. Living in her two older siblings shadow Faith refuses to give up her dreams.

Playing Leisl and Rolf in a community production of The Sound of Music only brings Noah and Faith closer together. After the production they wish to date, but Faith's parents will have none of that. Especially Faith's mother. She won't even hear of meeting Noah. She does everything in her power to keep Faith and Noah apart. Will Noah and Faith be able to hold on or will they drift apart?

I absolutely loved this story! I love "young love" stories anyway, but add in all of the hurdles that Noah and Madeleine Faith had to face only added to the special-ness of this book. So many emotions were felt throughout the reading of this story. I felt like I was part of the story. Faith's heartache was so heart-wrenching and yet her ability to hold on was admirable and caused a big smile to come across this readers face. Faith's mom is totally over the top crazy! I found myself wanting to jump into the story and defend Faith! I wanted to go rescue Faith. So many things kept me turning the pages and totally engrossed in what was happening between Faith and Noah. This is the perfect YA novel that features young love, family angst, faith and triumph. At the risk of gushing, I will just say once more, I absolutely loved this story and highly recommend it.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments will appear after approval.