Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Rosemary Cottage by Colleen Coble

Amy Lange comes to Hope Island hoping to find healing and answers to her brother Ben's death. Convinced that his death was not an accident but foul play Amy is desperate to find out what really happened to Ben.

Curtis Ireland has also lost a loved one. His sister Gina died in a boating accident. Now he is raising her daughter. Even though the boat and driver were never found, Curtis never suspected foul play in Gina's death.

When Amy begins asking questions about Ben's death she soon finds that He and Gina's lives were intertwined. Curtis and Amy are attracted to each other but what they find about their respective siblings leaves them at odds with each other and both Ben and Gina's deaths no longer considered accidents.

Becoming more involved with the people and surroundings of Hope Island Amy decides to move to the Island to be close to Curtis and his young niece Raine. Both Amy and Curtis are keeping secrets from each other that could cause heart-ache for both. When their own lives are threatened they are left even more confused about the events leading to Ben and Gina's death. Will the truth be able to set them free or will it tear them apart?

I really enjoyed ROSEMARY COTTAGE. The characters were well developed and believable. The mystery was suspenseful and kept me up to the wee hours of the morning to finish the book. I love the setting of the book as the ocean is one of my favorite places to be. The cozy small-town feel of the island added to the appeal of this mystery/suspense story. I haven't read TIDEWATER INN the first book in the Hope Beach series, but I think that they can be stand-alone reads. My favorite character of the book was Curtis. He was the perfect "hero" and I found his love for his niece and his willingness to overlook some of Amy's more aggressive behavior to be admirable. Amy did get on my nerves a couple of times in her unwillingness to believe that Ben could have been less than the perfect brother she thought of him. Her parents were definitely my least favorite characters of the book. Really, I found them rather loathsome and would have booted them out the door on more than one occasion! If you're a mystery fan I think that you would like this book.

2 comments:

  1. I finished this book on vacation and found it a good read too. I have to say Curtis was also my favorite character for his steadfast and determined, caring personality.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's it Susanne! His "steadfast, determined, caring personality" was what drew me to his character. Have you read Tidewater Inn? Thanks so much for stopping by and commenting!

      Delete

Comments will appear after approval.