Thursday, February 3, 2011

Hangman by Faye Kellerman



I have to say that this just wasn't my favorite Faye Kellerman book. I usually enjoy the Decker/Lazarus characters that she writes about. The editing of the book was pretty poor, just to be a bit picky. For an author that has this many books out I would think that the editing of one of her books would be a bit more carefully done.

I think there were about 3 different stories going on throughout the book. Decker first goes to be a liaison between Terry and her hit-man/husband Chris. A few days after the meeting between husband and wife Terry disappears. Chris claims he has no idea where she is. Whether dead or alive she has left behind their 14-year-old son Gabriel. Rina and Decker take him in.

Next a woman is found hanging from the rafters of a construction site. In the course of the investigation it is revealed that there could possibly be 2 serial killers on the loose. In the midst of all of his investigating Decker also turns 60 years old. Birthday and Shabbos celebration of course is hectic and interrupted by work but his sons and daughters and Rina manage to make it a special day for him.

I don't know, I guess I'm just a bit disappointed. I probably will pass on the next book.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments will appear after approval.