Thursday, April 22, 2010

Wherever Nina Lies by Lynn Weingarten





Nina disappeared two years ago. Leaving her mother and sister to wonder where she went or if she is even still alive.

Ellie, Nina's sister, works at a coffee-house her friend Amanda works at a shop called Attic. When the girls are going through a box of junk dropped off for "crap day" a drawing falls out of a book. The drawing is one that Ellie recognizes as her sister's. While reviewing the video camera they spot the person that dropped the box of junk off leaving a flyer on the public bulletin board. The flyer is for a party. Ellie decides to attend to see if she can find anyone that recognizes her sisters picture. At the party she meets a boy wearing a mask. They seem to hit it off but don't have enough time to get to know each other.

The next day the boy shows up at Ellie's work. What transpires after that is Ellie and Sean taking off across country following clues to find Nina's whereabouts. Ellie just knows that she is on the right track to find Nina alive, but with a scary twist to the story will Ellie herself make it home alive?

I'm kind of torn with this book. I want to give it 4 hearts because I really liked the twist to the story. But seriously I almost put this book down after the first couple of chapters. The language, the party scene, drug and alcohol usage by underage teens, sexual situations and innuendo's would keep me from recommending this to too many people. And especially not young teens. So that is why I gave it 3 hearts instead of 4.

1 comment:

  1. I'm just reading this now. Thanks for not giving any spoilers! I don't exactly know how it's going to turn out, but I do feel like the plot is a little rushed. Something bug is going to happen. I hope Nina and Ellie are okay when this book ends!

    ReplyDelete

Comments will appear after approval.