Friday, June 24, 2016

Anne of Green Gables Read Along Chapters 22-30


This is the 4th installment of the Read Along. Only one more week to go! Head over to our host Miranda's blog at A Real Writer's Life and check out her post for today. I'm enjoying getting to know Anne once again. She makes me smile with her antics and speeches and imagination. I'm sad that she is growing up, but I think the grown-up Anne is just as entertaining and sweet as young Anne. Here is the discussion question for this week:

1: Do you feel that one should quit using their imagination as one grows?

Definitely not! If we stopped using our imagination so many things would never be accomplished. Songs and concerts would not be composed, art would not be crafted, inventions would not be created, stories would never be written. Imagination is what makes the world interesting and entertaining. If we didn't have imagination as we grow up I imagine our existence would be rather flat. 

Favorite Quotes In This Section:

"I must do it, My honor is at stake, said Anne solemnly. I shall walk that ridgepole, Diana or perish in the attempt. If I am killed you are to have my pearl bead ring."

Anne is all about her honor! I loved this section!

"There's one thing plain to be seen, Anne, said Marilla, and that is that your fall of the Barry roof hasn't injured your tongue at all."

Count on Marilla to bring Anne back down to earth! ha!

"Then I thought of my lovely puffed sleeves and took courage, I knew that I must live up to those sleeves Diana."

Hahahaha! Oh this makes me laugh!

"I've found out what an alabaster brow is. That is one of the advantages of being thirteen. You know so much more than you did when you were only twelve."

"Don't give up all your romance, Anne, he whispered shyly, a little of it is a good thing--not too much, of course--but keep a little of it, Anne, keep a little of it."

I love Matthew!!

"It's always wrong to do anything you can't tell the minister's wife, It's as good as an extra conscience to have a minister's wife for your friend."

Thoughts:

I love the book so much more than the movie! I know the movie is wonderful too, but the book! Seriously, the book just adds so much more to Anne.

Next week is the last discussion. I've so enjoyed re-reading this book. It is one of my favorite all-time books!


1 comment:

  1. I love that quote from Matthew. He was so encouraging to Anne! And Anne dearly loved her puffed sleeves, didn't she? Lovely post, Julie!

    ReplyDelete

Comments will appear after approval.