Tuesday, March 18, 2014

William Shakespeare's The Empire Striketh Back by Ian Doescher

Once again I found myself amused by the Star Wars/William Shakespeare mashup. The Empire Striketh Back was everything that I hoped it to be. Following the entire storyline of the movie The Empire Strikes Back, the book begins on the planet of Hoth. The Shakespearean quotes were a little less obvious to me this time around, but I attribute that to my ignorance of most things Shakespeare. There were still some funny lines that were not Shakespeare as in Han's butchering of the postman's creed when he leaves to go find Luke who is lost out in the snow. That scene made me laugh out loud!  What I really find interesting is how conducive Star Wars is to Shakespeare's writings. The lines seemed to flow so well and they made sense even while using thee's, thy's and wherefore's etc. If you enjoyed the Star Wars movies, and have a bit of interest in Shakespeare then give this mashup a try, but I suggest you start with William Shakespeare's Star Wars as you will want to follow the saga in order. I'm looking forward to third book in the series The Jedi Doth Return. Check out my review of William Shakespeare's Star Wars HERE.

Thanks to the publishers at Quirk books for my copy for review.

I posted this book trailer the other day, but if you didn't get a chance to watch it then check it out now as it amuses me:





No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments will appear after approval.